Monday, 27 March 2023
Become a Part of the 58th Maribor Theatre Festival
Join us as a volunteer!
The Maribor Theatre Festival is the main Slovenian theatre festival, which has enriched the Slovenian theatre and cultural space for more than half a century. It takes place in the first half of June at the Slovenian National Theatre in Maribor. The programme includes a selection of performances by Slovenian institutional and non-governmental producers in a competitive and accompanying programme, invited theatre performances from abroad, training, workshops and audience development activities, student theatre and professional events in cooperation with Slovenian and foreign co-organisers. It usually lasts for 14 days and is attended by numerous national and international guests, including foreign festival selectors, artistic and programme directors, journalists and other interested and professional public.
Organizing and executing festival events offer many opportunities to gain experience and new skills, to meet new content and people, and to develop personal competences. That's why this year we are again inviting volunteers who are willing to be part of the festival action and strengthen the festival team, gaining an insight into the behind-the-scenes secrets of festival preparation and execution.
This year's festival will take place between 5 and 18 June 2023, in various locations in Maribor. As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to work in various capacities (backstage, at the info point, at the exhibitions, banquets, conferences, helping to welcome and accompany guests and performers, etc.). The festival takes place throughout the day, which means that your work schedule is flexible. Help at the festival will be needed a week or so before the festival starts.
The mimimum age required is 18 years.
Volunteers are offered:
- a signed volunteering agreement,
- insurance for the duration of the volunteering period,
- a certificate of volunteer work, stating the hours and description of the work, which can be used as a reference,
- mentoring support and help,
- reimbursement of travel expenses equivalent to one month's bus fare (€30.00),
- reimbursement of food costs in the case of more than 4 hours of volunteering per day at a rate of €6.60,
- free admission to some of the theatre performances in the festival programme,
- free participation in other festival activities, socialising and certainly a festival experience that you will remember for years to come.
Applications are open until Monday 15 May 2023.
A kick-off meeting for all volunteers will be organised before the start of the festival. The exact date will be announced at a later date.
For any questions and information, please contact email@example.com.